Are you looking for a software that will improve your productivity? Are you looking for a way to make communication and collaboration easier at your firm?
You might want to take a more in depth look at it. This will help to make sure that you invest in the right platform.
Is there a good choice for your business? Will you make a good investment?
We will help you make the right decision by showing you features and benefits of SharePoint.
What is SharePoint?
Microsoft SharePoint Online is a web-based platform. It integrates with Microsoft Office to store and share files. It is a content and document management system
It is possible to coordinate and communicate in a secure workspace. You can build tasks, track schedules, and get information about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365.com as admin and choose the apps in the menu.
- Click on the create site option if you want to choose a page.
- Go to the Team site.
- The design of your website will match your requirements
- Name and description are included in the correct details.
- Click Finish to finish the setup.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
“They are used as a space for your members lists. It’s possible to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner of your choice. The users have access to the documents once they click on the library.”
The best way to use the document library is:
- You can choose the documents in the left- vertical pane.
- If you want to add new items, choose new. You can drag and drop files from the current library folder
- You can open the Microsoft Office file in the app.
- You can change the file with other members at the same time with modern web apps. You still have the ability to stop others from working on the same file at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and review items.
2. SharePoint Workflows
There is a set of decisions and tasks that give you the right outcomes. The execution of standard business processes are handled by them. If you want to save time and effort, you can use a set of templates. Consistency and efficiency will be improved by this.
There are different roles in the workflows.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
Users can enter and execute search queries with this basic feature. There is a scope of search on the recent website and any sub-sites. The search application processes the query and returns results that match the query.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages might be included in the search results. Permissions, previous searches, and context are needed for the search engine in Microsoft SharePoint online. You can add words to the search query box and it will return the solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
The host can use it to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data. The library can be used to store the data content.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
There are many components that support project management in this template.
- Project summary.
- There is a task schedule.
- A task list.
- There is a calendar.
- It has a document library.
- There are features in the built-in task management.
“It’s convenient to handle tasks and projects hassle-free through this method.”
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The features, pros, and cons of SharePoint have been provided to you. It’s perfect for small, medium, and large businesses that need team collaboration for projects.”